April 02, 2009

More Geeking Out About DVDs.

Recently, to announce the new Warner Archive program, the folks in charge of Warner Home Video's back catalog did a web chat deal with the Home Theater Forum. You can read the whole thing here. But the stuff I thought was interesting is as follows:

There will be more Joel McCrea movies coming out, including Colorado Territory (one of the best Westerns ever). Wichita is part of the first wave of titles. Mine arrived yesterday. Good movie, nice DVD. Also, Trail Street with Randolph Scott is on its way.

My all-time favorite film, Where Eagles Dare (1969), should receive a Blu-Ray release next year. I swore I wouldn't make the move to Blu-Ray (or a big fat TV) till that film came out, so I guess I'll be officially wanting to upgrade before too long.

No comments: