December 12, 2008

A couple dozen shopping days left till Christmas.

The very rare masterpiece, Big Star's #1 Record, on eBay. (Radio City is just as good.) It's an original Ardent copy from 1972 in near-mint condition.

Something ridiculous like just 5,000 of these were supposedly sold. The CD is playing in my office right now.

"Try Again" (Bell/Chilton):

Lord I've been trying to be what I should
Lord I've been trying to do what I could
But each time it gets a little harder
I feel the pain
But I'll try again

Lord I've been trying to be understood
And Lord I've been trying to do as you would
But each time it gets a little harder
I feel the pain
But I'll try again


At $100, this seems like a deal.

2 comments:

Varvara said...

You know Toby, I learn so much reading your blog. It's a kind of like learn while you play deal =).
"Hooked on Bloggin".
There are just all these films, people and other stuff I haven't heard of. I really dig this, the fact that there is so much to an American culture to learn, you know.. and I feel like a first-grader after being here for 6 years.

anyway: thanks, keep writing.
..maybe that's the "DUTY" lord have put on ya.

-j
:)

Toby Roan said...

Thanks for the kind words.

And you really should check out Big Star!