September 28, 2007

Fly on the wall time, big time.


Came across this photo on Alex Cox's web site. Left to right, that's Sam Peckinpah (THE WILD BUNCH), cinematographer Giuseppe Rotunno (AMARCORD), Sergio Leone (THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY) and Monte Hellman (TWO-LANE BLACKTOP).

How'd you like to have been there, soaking up some of that?

If you haven't been to alexcox.com, go. It's one of the best movie-related sites I've been to. Not just because it's got tons of stuff about his own films, but because he's such a nut about great Westerns. There's even his never-published book on Spaghetti Westerns, which you can download as a big fat PDF.

4 comments:

Craig D said...

This is not related, but I thought you'd want to know about this breaking news item.

James M Graham said...

Just finished "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" - you GOTTA read it...

Toby Roan said...

The Onion thing is GREAT. My daughter loves that stupid show, but not even the Beach Boys could get me to watch it.

Wait a minute: is Brian in it? Please say he's not.

I've been wanting to read "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls." I just finished reading "The Jaws Log" for about the 15th time. Wonder what brought that on?

Varvara said...

That WAS one freaking big PDF file. Didn't find like a smaller-convenient "American" version or something...?
:)
PS:
I do realize how that sounds, and I mean it too :p