October 31, 2007

Herbie Rides Again.

For Halloween, my daughter Presley wanted to be Herbie. The Love Bug. Number 53. The Volkswagen from the Disney movie.

I'm happy to say that her love for Herbie was inspired by my own love for Herbie. I've been nuts about those movies since I saw them as a kid, and as a result, there's a 74 Beetle sitting in our driveway.

I'm also happy to report that my wife created a really incredible Herbie costume for Presley -- an masterpiece of foam and cloth and other stuff -- and I'll be sticking pictures of Presley and her outfit on here as soon as I can.

We'll be trick or treating in Cary, North Carolina's Scottish Hills, a neighborhood I lived in as a kid -- when I was first wigging out about those Herbie movies. God, that was a long time ago.

1 comment:

samsafan said...

So, did you ever post some pics of the Herbie costume? My son is a Herbie fanatic as well, and has asked to be Herbie this year!!! We made a Thomas train a few years back, but this seems to be a bit more challenging. Looking for ideas!